If you want to achieve the beautiful facial look or teeth, then you may consider using the veneers. Nowadays, veneers have become popular among the people, who suffer from misshaped, or gap between the teeth or chipped teeth. You can seek Dental practice Oakville to find out the best options for dental veneers. If you like to know more here about the dental veneers, you may continue reading this article or refer to other dental websites on the Internet.
Dental veneers are nothing but thin covers that are fitted into the teeth, which requires correction. By proper use of dental veneers, you can enhance the smile. In fact, veneers are one of the simple options to beautify your teeth. Let us see how dental veneers work.
Dental veneers are made of transparent material and they don’t make you look ugly when it is fitted to the front side of your teeth.
With veneers, different types of dental problems can be corrected effectively such as:
Stained teeth, which cannot be restored by conventional bleaching or whitening
· Worn or chipped teeth
· Misshapen or crooked teeth
· Large or uneven gap between the teeth
Veneers are constructed of either composite resin or porcelain material. The type of material to use will be decided by your dentist based on your problems.
These are nothing but the thin shell that are customized to such a shape that they precisely fit into your teeth. This type of veneers offers plenty of advantages.
· Strong and long-lasting
· Looks more like natural teeth
· Requires less amount of enamel removal
· Highly stain-resistant
Now let us discuss the steps involved in placing the porcelain veneers.
· In the first step, your dentist will remove some quantity of enamel from the front and back side of the teeth. By doing this, there will be some space to fit the veneers over the teeth
· In the next step, the dentist will take an impression of the teeth to create a mold. During this phase, the dentist will also decide the shade of veneer that will look great for you
· The dentist sends the impression to a lab, which will create the custom-made veneers. This will take more days depending on the complexity. Meantime, your dentist may give you temporary veneer
· During the next visit, your dentist will fit the custom made veneer on your teeth. He or she will check and ensure whether the veneer fit precisely or any other fine adjustment required. If everything is perfect, then the dentist will bond the veneers to your teeth after performing the thorough cleaning
· You may have to visit the dentist, if any changes required in future
Composite Resin Veneers
These veneers are made of usual filling material that is used for filling cavities. These veneers offer some distinct advantages such as:
A lesser visit to the dentist
· Cheaper than porcelain veneers
· Easier to repair, if the veneers got damaged due to wear or accident
Before you get a veneer, make sure that your teeth are cleaned as much as possible. Also, make sure to know list of do’s and don’ts after having the veneer.